RELOCATION INFORMATION DURING COVID-19
For all Navy military and civilian PCS moves, Household Goods (HHGs) processes will continue under normal operations.
Due to COVID-19, personnel are currently teleworking and requesting that PCS Order, Weight Estimator, Shipper’s Declaration and all other pertinent forms be emailed. All communication will be via email and should be sent to both Tammy Perreira and Abrielle Apuna.
The Supply Office, Building 269 is closed for walk-in traffic and visitors in support of social distancing efforts due to COVID-19 and the Department telework schedule. There is a sign posted on the doors with all the POCs to contact for appointments as needed. We will work with customers to ensure the mission and support is still accomplished.
Any Sailor or DOD civilian PCSing in or out and not comfortable with movers entering their home, should work with their chain of command and shipping office (PMRF Supply) to reschedule their pack-out or delivery. There are recently added procedures from USTRANSCOM to include questions to be asked of commercial moving personnel conducting packing, pick-up, or deliveries inside a resident’s home.
- DOD created a Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Certification of Health Protection Protocols document for use during all Defense Personal Property Program shipments where there will be interaction with DOD customers. The purpose of the form is to assure DOD customers that industry personnel working in their homes have been screened for illness in accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and equipped to follow basic health protection protocols.
- TSPs are required to present the completed TSP Certification of Health Protection Protocols document to the customer BEFORE beginning any work in a residence.
- HHGs/POV: Due to Kauai having only one Transportation Service Provider Agent (Royal Hawaiian Movers) on island to service our military, HHGs scheduling is approximately 4 – 6 weeks out. For the most part, you are currently receiving emails with attachments on preparing for your move. Here are the steps to prepare for your pack out.
- Prior to receipt of your PCS Orders if you are shipping Household Goods:
- For those that are not registered in www.move.mil please “Create a new account” and get registered in DPS to schedule your move. Once registered, you will receive a Username and Password, you will then need to wait for your Orders. You will need your Orders to create your Household Goods application.
- If you are already registered and have a Username and Password, there is nothing more for you to do until you receive your Orders.
- Upon receipt of your PCS Orders, please go back to www.move.mil website and Sign In to DPS. Here you will create your household goods application, self-explanatory.
- Ensure that you use the Weight Estimator attached to the email sent to you vice using the weight estimator in DPS move.mil. You will need a separate weight estimator for each application (HHG/UB/NTS) you create. Email these weight estimators to both Tammy Perreira and Abrielle Apuna along with a copy of your Orders.
- Once you fully complete the application, it will come up with a “Submit” button at the very end. If you do not get this button, you have not completed your application.
- Click the “submit” button.
- PCS/ETS/Separation/Retirement orders for the most part have been coming in timely so it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that as soon as you get your orders to get your application done in www.move.mil.
Child Education and Childcare
Inbound Relocation Assistance
We've compiled a list of documents with links that will help make your move to Hawaii Easier:
Pets Checklist for 5-Day-of-Less Program
School Related Frequently Asked Questions by Military Families
Housing Early Application Tool
Navy Housing In-Process Cheat sheet
Unaccompanied Housing NGIS
Housing Management Office (HMO) for Inbound Families
Commercial Lodging Program
Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System
Defense Personal Property System
Travel Records Kit
Smooth Move Checklist
Relocation Internet Directory
Making the Move Easier