AUTO SKILLS CENTER
Our PMRF / MWR Mana Motors Auto Skills Center is available to provide all eligible patrons with a spacious facility of 8 bays, an assortment of SAE and Metric tools, specialty equipment, vehicle lifts, wheel and tire equipment, and computerized diagnostic scan tools and meters to satisfy most of your basic automotive repair needs. We employ ASE Certified automotive technicians to provide repair and maintenance information and assistance to get you safely through any services you may be performing on your vehicle. MWR Auto Skills Center is a “Self Help” program designed for the do it yourself hobbyist for all forms of vehicle maintenance and repair. Additional service available are as follows:
· Wheel and Tire Replacement
· Wheel and Tire Balancing
· Brake Rotor and Brake Drum Resurfacing
· Assistance with Scan Tool usage and Diagnostics information
· Air Conditioning Service (Freon Extraction and Replenishment)
· State Vehicle Safety Inspections (Cars / Trucks / SUV’s / Trailers not exceeding 10,000 Lbs.)
Barking Sand, HI 96752
Hours of Operation
Tuesday through Friday: Noon-8pm
MWR Auto Skills has a verity automotive repair equipment. We can assist and provide professional guidance in all of your automotive repair needs. Come in today to experience our recently updated facility and an array of automotive tools and equipment that will help you in most of your automotive repair needs. Listed below are just some of the MWR Auto Skills Center tools and equipment that is available with your shop usage fees.
· SAE and Metric Tool Kits
· Jacks and Jack Stands
· High Rise 10,000 Lb. Vehicle Lifts
· Assortment of air tools from Impact wrenches, Air Hammers, and High speed cutters.
· Blast Cabinet (large enough to fit a small sized engine block)
· McPherson Strut spring compressor
· Battery Chargers
· Engine power washer
· Transmission Jack
· Engine Stand
· 50 Ton Hydraulic Press
· Brake and Drum Lathe (rotor / drum resurfacing)
· A/C Recycler Machine
· Vehicle Computerized Scan Tool (OBD-2 Diagnostics / Code Retrieving- Engine Control / ABS / Body Control / Drivetrain / Suspension Control / Transmission / Bi-Directional Control Testing / Sensor Graphing / TPMS)
· TPMS Programming
· Lab Scope
· Tire Machine
· Tire Balancer
· And much more.
Specials apply to PMRF Active Duty and/or Spouse only.
May and June Maintenance Special
For the months of May & June, MWR ASC would like to encourage our Active Duty vehicle owners to perform routine maintenance to their POV here at
the Auto Skills Center.
ACTIVE DUTY PATRONS WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
• FREE usage of the vehicle lift up to 1 hour.
• Purchase any oil filter in stock and receive a 10% discount.
• Purchase any 5W-20, 5W-30 Motor oil and receive a 10% discount.
• Receive professional guidance in service of your vehicle.
For further information, please call 335-4439.
VEHICLE INSPECTION PROGRAM SCOPE:
The Hawaii Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection program is a requirement for all forms of motorized vehicles that operate on State and County road ways in the State of Hawaii. The Vehicle Inspection program is designed to insure that all vehicles operated on public roads are in safe operating condition. Vehicle inspections are required to be renewed annually on vehicles over 2 years of age from date of manufactured. For a vehicle to qualify for issuance of new inspection decals when due, the vehicle must pass all points of inspection performed by the official Vehicle inspection station.
INSURANCE / REGISTRATION:
State law requires that all vehicles must be insured by recognized Motor Vehicle Carriers registered in the state of Hawaii and carry a valid “Hawaii NO Fault” insurance card in the vehicle at all times. Also, the vehicle must have current vehicle registration and issued decal affixed to the rear license plate. Hawaii State Law requires 1 of 2 forms of vehicle insurance identification:
a) Original Insurance Card (thick carded with watermark and information on the rear of the card).
b) Smart Phone with the ability to provide your Vehicle Insurance provider information via APP. (usually there is a location that states (View ID Cards)
WINDOW TINT LAW:
The State of Hawaii also mandates that window “Tinting” or window “Film” applied to the inside of any window (excluding the front windshield) require the following regulations:
Window film darkness Scale:
5% (Darkest) 20% 35% 50% 75% (Lightest)
Window film darkness may NOT exceed 35% (minimum amount of light that can pass thru) on all windows
Truck / SUV:
a) Window film darkness may not exceed 35%,
front drivers / Passengers side windows.
b) Rear passengers & back window not to exceed 20% or lower.
Front windshield all vehicles:
a) Not to exceed 35% and must not extend beyond the AS-1 mark etched in the driver’s side left upper corner of windshield, or not to exceed 4 inches from the upper most top portion of the windshield
VEHICLE MAXIMUM BUMPER HEIGHT LAW:
The State of Hawaii also mandates a maximum bumper height requirement on all vehicles based on GVWR (Gross vehicle weight rating). This measurement is determined from the ground to the highest point on the bottom of the bumper.
Passenger vehicles maximum bumper height is as follows:
• Passenger vehicles: 22 inches
• 4,500 lbs. and under: 29 inches
• 4,501 lbs. to 7,500 lbs.: 33 inches
• 7,501 lbs. to 10,000 lbs.: 35 inches
Vehicle Inspection Cost: $21.00
Vehicle Inspection Hours of Operation:
Tuesday- Friday- 12:30-6:30pm
Saturday – 9:30am-4:30pm
For further information, please call us at 808-335-4439