Stay up to date one updates from the Hawaii Department of Education:
- HIDOE Guidance for Long-Term School Closures: Graduation, Promotion and Grading
- News Release: Board approves request to modify graduation and standardized testing requirements
It is important to communicate with your childrens’ teachers during this time, if that is not happening, please contact the school administer.
- HIDOE Student/Parent/Caregiver Continuity of Education Resource
- LifeSmarts Free Educational Resources
Child and Youth Education Services (CYES) Online Learning Resources:
If you cannot find the answers you are seeking from these resources, please email: email@example.com
- As a reminder to all personnel, the installation’s policy for escorting guests onboard was modified due to COVID-19. The number of personnel that can be escorted by an authorized escort was reduced as part of PMRF’s ongoing efforts to minimize opportunities for the transmission of the virus. A Common Access Card (CAC) holder is only authorized to escort a maximum of three personnel onboard. Escorts must ensure they are with their guests at all times, and are responsible for the conduct of their guests while onboard the installation.
- Beginning April 15, PMRF Security forces are asking the following questions to help protect our personnel on base:
- Have you traveled off island in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a fever or a cough in the last 3 days?
- Have you or someone in your household been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID 19 in the last 14 days?
- Anyone answering yes to one of these questions will be asked to contact their supervisor immediately and, unless a base resident, restricted from entering the base until additional screening has taken place. Answering yes to these questions means either you should be home due to sickness or following Restriction of Movement (ROM) protocols. Please help our team and our community by staying home if you fall into any of the above categories.
- To alleviate congestion and wait times at the entry control point, PMRF Security Forces recommends staggering out arrival times. The highest volume of traffic is between 6:50 A.M. to 7:35 A.M. Please plan your trips accordingly.
- PMRF’s Operations Gate (formerly North Gate) is closed until further notice. Please use the Main Gate for access.
- Naval Security Forces aboard PMRF are suspending enforcement of expired motor vehicle operators licenses, motor vehicle registrations and motor vehicle inspections. Personnel with an expired, or expiring, license, registration or safety check will be considered current and valid onboard the installation through August 15, 2020. Enforcement of all other violations of the Hawaii Motor Vehicle Code remain in full effect, and all hands are reminded to follow the posted speed limits and refrain from distracted driving onboard PMRF.
In compliance with CNO directive:
- Effective immediately, to the extent practical, all individuals on DOD property, installations and facilities are required to wear cloth face coverings when they cannot maintain six feet of social distance. This includes all:
- Military personnel
- Navy civilian employees
- Family members
- Navy contractors
- All other individuals on DOD property, installations and facilities.
- Exceptions to this requirement may be approved by local commanders. All personnel shall be prepared to lower face coverings as directed by security forces to verify identification.
- Face coverings may include, but are not limited to, store bought or homemade masks or bandanas. Materials that are light weave, pleated and in layers have proven most effective.
- Face coverings should cover both nose and mouth.
- Uniformity of face covering is not required. Military appearance will be relaxed in the interest of health protection.
- Face coverings will not display explicit or offensive material or messages of any kind.
There are many ways to make a "mask" and comply with this directive, and while there is some room for individuality and creativity until the Navy gets enough masks produced for all hands, offensive or inappropriate creations are not tolerated. Instructions on how to make your own face covering are available on the CDC website:
State /County Releases/Proclamations
County of Kauai updates: http://www.kauai.gov/COVID-19
Naval Safety Center: https://navalsafetycenter.navy.mil/Resources/Coronavirus
Occupational Safety and Health Administration: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Coronavirus Task Force (Joint White House, CDC, FEMA): www.coronavirus.gov
Official Website of the United States Government: www.usa.gov/coronavirus